How do I set up a page?
- Go to the website uk.virginmoneygiving.com and click “Create your page”
- Choose “Organised event” and type in “Muscular Dsytrophy”
- Then simply follow the steps to create your account and customise your page.
Alternatively, you can set one up on Just Giving.
- Vist https://www.justgiving.com and register for an account
- Choose “fundraising” and select “Muscular Dystrophy” for the charity.
- Edit your story and set your fundraising target and you will have a profile page which you can share.
How does someone sponsor?
When they receive your email, they simply click on the link and that will connect them to your online fundraising page.
What happens to the money?
Virgin Money Giving transfer the donations straight to the charity, along with any gift aid due on the donation.
Do people prefer the personal touch when being asked to sponsor?
It really depends on the person. Previous participants in our events have told us they find it easier to ask for sponsorship through their online fundraising page as you can approach people from a distance.